What Exactly Am I Doing In This Season?
I have received a question lately from a few people… “So what exactly are you doing now?”
It’s a reasonable question, because since the Boiler Room closed last summer, my ongoing role as a prayer missionary has been a bit ambiguous. The short answer to that question is…. I’m spending hours ministering to the Lord and also helping to mobilize day & night worship & prayer.
I put forth my 4 ministry focuses for 2017, and you can also view my traveling ministry itinerary for 2017. Below I go into much detail on how that ministry vision is panning out practically in this season, and I hope it gives some answers to those who are curious.
Ministry to the Lord
Again I want to say that as a prayer missionary, I am first and foremost given to extended hours of ministry to the Lord (Acts 13:1-3). This is not just preparation for the “horizontal” ministry work, but it is the primary “vertical” ministry of worship and intercession that God has called me to do as my vocation. I actually believe it is far more important than all of my leadership endeavors below.
Serving as Southeast US Regional Director
- Hosting monthly regional conference call with southeast US Burn directors
- Leading Burn Field Training small group – reviewing weekly assignments, hosting live chats, answering questions with Burn Field Training students from the east coast
- Connecting with and consulting potential & new burn directors- Hickory, NC is launching a furnace in March
- Visiting furnaces in the southeast. I visited Atlanta in January, Goldsboro in February. I will be visiting Gastonia, Franklin & Hickory in March, and Wilmington in April
- Rebuilt the Greenville team in January. The new Burn Greenville team hosted an 8-hour February Burn with the largest attendance ever for a burn event in Greenville!
- Conference calls with national Burn leaders to discuss financial strategies
- Planning regional summit for this fall – booking the venue, setting the budget, making the schedule, handling registration
- Representing Burn 24-7 for Awaken the Dawn – providing Burn contacts across the nation to Awaken the Dawn organizers to help with mobilization
- Helping Burn Wagon plan the southeast leg of their summer missions trip
- Chair of the board of directors for The Burn Greenville – setting 2017 budget, planning bi-annual board meetings
Serving as the Founder/Director
- Majorly updated and redesigned the Presence Pioneers web site to help connect, equip and plant houses of prayer, Burn furnaces and praying churches
- Launched 24-7 North Carolina web site as a statewide prayer calendar
- Connecting with leaders of houses of prayer, Burns and praying churches in western NC via phone, Facebook, email, etc. to plan meetings for our…
- West North Carolina Presence Pioneers trip (Feb 28-March 6). Planning to meet with leaders of 10-15 different churches & ministries on the trip
The ongoing transition….
- Setting up a home office – moved all four kids into one bedroom to make it work temporarily
- Emptying the Boiler Room storage room – when we moved out of the Boiler Room everything was put into storage, and so I am working to give away or sell the assets
- Built a Boiler Room archive web site to provide an archive of all God did there and to provide an online home for the music & teaching resources to be an ongoing blessing to people
Support & Partnership
Wow! I am tired just typing all of that out. Please keep us in your prayers! We are doing all of this as a full-time prayer missionaries and could use your partnership! Please consider a monthly or special gift to support our ministry work.